#22. tell us your muse.
May, 2007
Her freckles gleam at me like untraveled galaxies. Tiny specks of sunlight illuminating her face bright and hopeful curve around the nose, rest cheerfully on the shoulders, then sparkle all the way up and down her innocent arms. Her eyes glitter with a kind of inviting seduction, lips pressed together in a subtle smile. She shakes her head slightly and fiery locks stream down her cosmic face. She shines her best in the stillness of the night. Time and time again, I come out into the breezy freedom and through the watchful lens of my mental telescope examine her landscape--
the celestial curves of her hipbones, milky ways across her collarbone, countless playful constellations along the surface of her skin, soft and approachable--
I look and long and realize that my icarian wings will melt if I come too close: with her, there is always an ostensible sense of attainability and peace.
Her freckles gleam at me like untraveled galaxies. Tiny specks of sunlight illuminating her face bright and hopeful curve around the nose, rest cheerfully on the shoulders, then sparkle all the way up and down her innocent arms. Her eyes glitter with a kind of inviting seduction, lips pressed together in a subtle smile. She shakes her head slightly and fiery locks stream down her cosmic face. She shines her best in the stillness of the night. Time and time again, I come out into the breezy freedom and through the watchful lens of my mental telescope examine her landscape--
the celestial curves of her hipbones, milky ways across her collarbone, countless playful constellations along the surface of her skin, soft and approachable--
I look and long and realize that my icarian wings will melt if I come too close: with her, there is always an ostensible sense of attainability and peace.